Equine Ting Points

Casie

Hi! My name is Casie Bazay. I'm a mom, a freelance writer, and a certified equine acupressure practitioner.

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. Robin Thiesfeld says:

My horse is 10 yes old. He became lame from a short trim per 4 different farriers and my vet. 3 months later his hooves we’re slightly trimmed. He appears to be lame but very little before this trim. He is on remission. .any suggeztions? Thanks

2. Arlan says:

Thanks, I will pass this on to our instructor

3. Cindy Black says:

Thank you for these great pictures and clear explanations! I practice on humans, just beginning to work with horses – this is so helpful!

4. Gill Evans says:

Very clear info. I was hoping to find which points would assist healing of mudfever/scratches on pasterns, but none of them mention skin disease. Any suggestions?

• Casie says:

With any skin issue, I would use the Lung and Stomach Ting points, as well as other acu-points which can help relieve inflammation and improve immune function.

5. Teresa Buettner says:

I have no idea Cassie if this is an active site but I have an interesting situation with my horse. I have practiced foot reflexology and acupuncture points in humans . My horse has an abscess in each sole in the same place on each foot…perhaps the initial trauma was 10 months ago. My thought is that I am looking at a trauma that had a systemic reaction. The abscesses are at about 10 or 11 0’clock when looking at the sole. I am curious about the meridian or organ of involvement. Any thoughts? Thanks

• Casie says:

Hi Teresa–yes, this is an active site. 🙂 The Ting points technically end above the coronary band, but if the abscesses are located the same location you describe on each hoof, you could be dealing with an imbalance in the small intestine meridian. The small intestine, itself, is responsible for absorbing many of the minerals/nutrients your horse consumes and it also plays a part in elimination, so your horse’s diet is something you might think about. High sugar diets (even pasture can be high in sugar) are often linked with abscesses, too. Here’s an article you might be interested in reading: https://www.acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/at/article.php?id=28487 Best of luck to you!

6. Teresa Buettner says:

Thanks Casie! Funny thing…she is an adopted horse and we have had her only since January. Late May she slowly developed soreness in one foot but over the course of a few weeks it “spread” to all four, switching and seeming to go away only to now culminate into what has become a 2.5 month mystery, with little progress for her pain. I have her barefoot trimmed and have had two vets look at her. No metabolic issues per se but she has flare ups of “more sore” when I give her any grain, and I soaked her hay for two months. I am no longer doing that and it seems okay. Her feet show no founder and this last trim the abscesses, now drained , became visible. The Vets have no clue but my hope is to track down the underlying “cause” and see if we can’t address it, as opposed to just managing these symptoms and chasing our tails. Thus my curiosity as to the similar location of the abscesses in each foot. My trimmer has never seen it in all of her career!!!